nuMONDAY has been labelled as the UK alternative to Etsy by many within the handmade and handcraft sector.
Our success has been built on our ethos to provide an affordable selling platform for creative individuals and businesses.
Over the years several marketplaces such as Etsy have significantly increased their fee policy which has had a detrimental impact on the creative industry for selling online.
Based in Glasgow, we started our journey in December 2016 with 35 British craft sellers before rapidly growing to over 10,000 of the best British creatives selling with us today.
The UK Alternative to Etsy
Etsy sellers have became very frustrated in recent years with higher and more complicated fees being applied to their sales and listings.
Being seen on Etsy is increasingly difficult as it has a large proportion of reseller and mass produced products leading to handmade and handcrafted UK sellers being lost within its marketplace.
That is why our ethos at nuMONDAY is so important.
We focus on British based individuals and businesses in order to help grow and protect their craft businesses and the craft industry as a whole.
Our incredible community helps improve, monitor and keep our selling platform close to our values and our terms.
nuMONDAY Seller Reviews
“The help and support provided by the team when you have a problem is first class and immediate. The social media side to the business tirelessly promotes its sellers and has created a great online community too. It’s also fantastic that this site is UK based. I can highly recommend this platform for creatives and small businesses.”Helen Rogers, Shop Owner of MisHelenEous
“Great site. Easy to navigate. I am both a buyer and seller on nuMONDAY and I love it.”Elizabeth Savage, Shop Owner of BethsUniqueBeadsBoutique
“nuMONDAY is a wonderful platform for selling handmade goods, with a great ethos. The site has a professional feel, is very easy to navigate and list items quickly.”Laura Phillips, Shop Owner of Sketches & Stones
There are many reasons as a British handcrafted and handmade seller you should join nuMONDAY as an alternative to Etsy:
- We support British based businesses only and do not allow sellers from outside of the UK to join protecting the UK craft and handmade industry as a whole.
- We offer buyer protection on every purchase on nuMONDAY to give customers peace of mind when buying from you.
- We are a passionate team about handmade and handcrafted products.
- nuMONDAY is a limited company and therefore unlike Etsy does not have shareholders to please enabling us to reinvest on growing our platform and provide our zero commission fee policy.
- We are open to individuals and businesses of all levels of skill and talent – nuMONDAY is for everybody!
- We give 100% of sales on nuMONDAY and do not take any commission on sales.
- With Zero listing fees and unlimited listings, you can list as often and as much as you like.
- Selling with us is a simple monthly subscription of £7 per month (working out at 23p per day!) allowing you to plan your finances easily without any hidden surprises or fees being applied.
- You can cancel anytime as we know circumstances change!
- We do not allow vintage sellers or resellers on nuMONDAY in order to protect our sellers and our community, but we do allow craft supplies as these are essential for making your products!
- You can add variations to products and create your own variations such as colour and size choices.
- You can sell personalised products as we have a notes box at checkout for these types of products.
- We are flexible on categories and will always listen to requests for new ideas and product ranges.
- We have a fast, efficient and friendly support team that is always available to help.
- Use our Etsy Import Service to import your products from Etsy into nuMONDAY without impacting your Etsy Shop.
- We have a Facebook Group that is open to customers and sellers called nuMONDAY Nation and has over 21,000 over our most loyal customers for you to promote your products directly on a daily basis.
- You will have your own nuMONDAY URL (website link) so you can direct customers directly to your shop and products.
- You can customise your shop with a shop icon and shop banner along with a shop description.
- Be found by viewers from across the world – we have over 1 million monthly unique viewers from Pinterest alone that’s a lot of potential customers.
- You can choose to ship domestically or internationally or both if you feel you wish to do so.
- We have over 10,000 registered members actively selling with us.
- …and of course finally: we are the Home of Makers!
If you’d like to read more about selling with us then you can do so here or start selling with us below.