nuMONDAY has been labelled as the UK alternative to Etsy by many within the handmade and handcraft sector.
Our success has been built on our ethos to provide an affordable selling platform for creative individuals and businesses.
Over the years several marketplaces such as Etsy have significantly increased their fee policy which has had a detrimental impact on the creative industry.
Based in Glasgow, we started our journey in December 2016 with 35 British craft sellers before rapidly growing to over 2,000 of the best British creatives selling with us today.
The UK Alternative to Etsy
Etsy sellers have became very frustrated in recent years with higher and more complicated fees being applied to their sales and listings.
Being seen on Etsy is increasingly difficult as it has a large proportion of reseller and
That is why our ethos at nuMONDAY is so important.
We focus on British based individuals and businesses in order to help grow and protect their craft businesses and the craft industry as a whole.
Our incredible community helps improve, monitor and keep our selling platform close to our values and our terms.
nuMONDAY Seller Reviews
“The help and support provided by the team when you have a problem is first class and immediate. The social media side to the business tirelessly promotes its sellers and has created a great online community too. It’s also fantastic that this site is UK based. I can highly recommend this platform for creatives and small businesses.”Helen Rogers, Shop Owner of MisHelenEous
“Great site. Easy to navigate. I am both a buyer and seller on nElizabeth Savage, Shop Owner of BethsUniqueBeadsBoutique
uMONDAYand I love it.”
“Laura Phillips, Shop Owner of Sketches & Stones
nuMONDAYis a wonderful platform for selling handmade goods, with a great ethos. The site has a professional feel, is very easy to navigate and list items quickly.”
There are many reasons as a British handcrafted and handmade seller you should join nuMONDAY as an alternative to Etsy:
- We support British based businesses only and do not allow sellers from outside of the UK to join protecting the UK craft and handmade industry as a whole.
- We are a passionate team about handmade and handcrafted products.
nuMONDAYis a limited company and therefore unlike Etsy does not have shareholders to please enabling us to reinvest on growing our platform and provide our zero commission fee policy.
- We are open to individuals and businesses of all levels of skill and talent – nuMONDAY is for everybody!
- We give 100% of sales on
nuMONDAYand do not take any commission on sales.
- With Zero listing fees and unlimited listings, you can list as often and as much as you like.
- Selling with us is a simple monthly subscription of £7 per month allowing you to plan your finances easily without any hidden surprises or fees being applied.
- You can cancel anytime as we know circumstances change!
- Import all of your Etsy products into nuMONDAY so you can speed up listing with our Etsy Import service.
- We do not allow vintage sellers or resellers on
nuMONDAYin order to protect our sellers and our community, but we do allow craft supplies as these are essential for making your products!
- You can add variations to products and create your own variations.
- You can sell
personalisedproducts as we have a notes box at checkout for these types of products.
- We are flexible on categories and will always listen to requests for new ideas and product ranges.
- We have a fast, efficient and friendly support team that is always available to help.
- We have a Facebook Group that is open to customers and sellers called
nuMONDAYNation and has over 11,000 people in the community.
- You will have your own
nuMONDAYURL so you can direct customers directly to your shop and products.
- You can
customiseyour shop with a shop icon along with a shop description.
- We have over 1 million page views per month from customers around the world – that’s a lot of potential customers!
- We’ve recently announced our plans to hit the high street this summer with our sellers with our first ever “nu High Street” Store featuring hundreds of our sellers.
- …and of course finally: we are the Home of British Makers!
If you’d like to read more about selling with us then you can do so here or start selling with us below.