This beautiful miniature book really is one of a kind. It is totally handmade and would make a very special gift for a loved one. Price includes UK shipping.
It is folded and sewn with linen thread and bound by hand in hand-pared green leather. The endpapers are made from Japanese Chiyogami hand screen printed paper. The front and back covers are decorated with genuine gold foil.
140 pages of 120 gsm light blue paper.
Leather is a natural product which ages beautifully with time and wear. As with all natural products there may be minor natural variations which are part of the unique nature of the piece of leather.
Dimensions: L5 x W5 x D1.5 cm
This book took many hours to make. These were the steps in its creation:
– the paper is folded in half and then arranged in sections
– the sections are pierced and sewn with linen thread
– the end papers are made and attached
– the spine is lined
– the leather is pared by hand
– the boards are covered in the leather and the book is cased in
– the book is left in the press
– special bookbinding brass tools are heated on a stove
– the leather is covered in genuine gold foil
– when the tools are at the right temperature and pattern is carefully tooled by hand over the gold foil and voilà, the book is ready!
Thanks for looking at my notebooks and don’t forget that I can make books to your own specifications and personalise the covers – just get in touch for a quote. (Please note that I can’t personalise books that have already been made – it is an integral part of making the book from scratch.)
Jenny’s Handmade Books
GLB GT D1