This beautiful miniature book really is one of a kind. It is totally hand made and would make a special gift for a loved one. Price includes shipping.
It is folded and sewn with linen thread and bound by hand in hand-pared leather. The endpapers are made from Japanese Chiyogami hand screen printed paper.
140 pages of 100gsm cream paper.
Leather is a natural product which ages beautifully with time and wear. As with all natural products there may be minor natural variations which are part of the unique nature of the piece of leather.
Dimensions: L3.2 x W2.6 x D1.4 cm (the pound coin in the second image gives you an idea of scale)
This book took many hours to make. These were the steps in its creation:
– the paper is folded in half and then arranged in sections
– the sections are pierced and sewn with linen thread
– the end papers are made and attached
– the spine is lined
– the leather is pared by hand
– the boards are covered in the leather and the book is cased in
– the book is left in the press and voilà, the book is ready!
Thanks for looking at my notebooks and don’t forget that I can make books to your own specifications and personalise the covers – just get in touch for a quote. (Please note that I can’t personalise books that have already been made – it is an integral part of making the book from scratch.)
Jenny’s Handmade Books