This exquisite little handmade notebook is bound by hand in genuine leather. It features hand gold tooling on the front and back covers and on the edges of the inside cover. It has beautiful hand-marbled endpapers and toning end bands.
144 pages of unlined cream 120 gsm paper. It is a beautiful book that would make a very special gift for a loved one.
Dimensions: 7.8 x 6.2 x 1.6 cm
This book took many hours to make. These are some of the steps in its creation:
– the pages are folded and sewn with linen thread
– the end papers are made from hand-marbled paper and attached to the book block
– the spine is lined and the endbands are added
– the leather is prepared, cut to size and the cover made
– the book block is cased in and then left in the press overnight
– special bookbinding brass tools are heated on a stove
– the leather is covered in gold foil
– when the tools are at the right temperature and pattern is carefully tooled by hand over the gold foil
Leather is a natural product which ages beautifully with time and wear. As with all natural products there may be minor natural variations which are part of the unique nature of the piece of leather.
Thanks for looking at my notebooks and don’t forget that I can make books to your own specifications and personalise the covers – just get in touch for a quote. (Please note that I can’t personalise books that have already been made – it is an integral part of making the book from scratch.)
Jenny’s Handmade Books
LGT D1 54