Personal Information I Collect
To respond to your enquiry or fulfil an order you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised nuMONDAY, Wix, Etsy, Folksy or PayPal to give me) such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information and the details of the product that you're ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information in the case of a bespoke or custom order or if you have contacted me directly.
Legal Bases. Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect and use your information including:
* As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support.
* When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for a mailing list - which I actually don't operate and never have done. I also do not have a separate database of customer addresses for this purpose, either online or offline. I will only contact you regarding an order. You will receive no direct mail shots or email advertising from me.
* If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by law or tax.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business and I have to share your personal information for a very limited number of reasons and circumstances as follows:
* Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop and website, such as Wix.com for hosting my website and receiving your email enquiries. And Stripe who are the financial service providers for my nuMONDAY Shop. Paypal and WorldPay who are the financial service providers via my Etsy Shop or Paypal and Stripe for private invoices when you order directly from me. I don't use the BACS system of payments so I have no access to, or hold any financial or account details about my customers, either online or offline.
* Business Transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, but only to the extent permitted by law. I am a sole trader and intend to remain so. No one else has access to my computer, nuMONDAY Shop, Etsy Shop, Paypal or Stripe accounts or Website. All my online outlets and information are pin and password protected and no paper documents are stored at my place of work which is my home & studio.
* Compliance with Laws. I may collect, use, retain and share your information if I have good faith or belief that it is reasonably necessary to A) respond to legal process or to Government or HMRC requests; B) Enforce my agreements, terms and policies; C) Prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or D) Protect the rights, property and safety of my customers or others.
Data Retention. The Length of Time Personal Data Is Kept
Transfers Of Personal Data Outside The EU
I live and work in the UK within the EU and do not transfer your personal information outside of the EU. I may store, process and share your information through third party hosting services such as nuMONDAY, Etsy, Wix, Paypal, Stripe, WorldPay or Folksy in order to provide you with my services, and they may be based outside of the EU, but I am not responsible for their own separate Privacy Polices and Data Protection and Transfer Systems so please refer to their individual updated and GDPR compliant websites in each case.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
* Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
* Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information unless I am required to store data for legal reasons. But I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
* Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data Protection Authority.
How To Contact Me
For the purposes of EU Data Protection Law, I, Helen Rogers, am the Data Controller of your personal information and am registered with the ICO (ico.org.uk/register). The trusted third parties I have named above are my Data Processors. If you have any questions or concerns you may contact me at [email protected]
Alternatively you may mail me at Helen Rogers, MisHelenEous, 20 St Margaret's Close, Prestwich. Manchester. M25 2LY. United Kingdom.
If you wish you can also contact nuMONDAY, Etsy, Wix , Paypal, Stripe, WorldPay, Google, Google+, Google Analytics or Folksy directly.
Effective from May 25th 2018.