This gorgeous hand-bound bullet journal/notebook is one of a kind. It is covered with my own hand-marbled paper and green bookbinding buckram. It has toning headbands and satin ribbon.
180 pages of bullet journal-style cream pages.
Dimensions: 21.6 x 14.3 x 1.4 cm
This book took many hours to make. These are some of the steps in its creation:
– a bath of Carrageenan moss solution is prepared overnight
– paints are added to the bath and combed with handmade combs to create unique marbled patterns
– paper is laid on the marbled pattern and then removed, dried and pressed
– the end papers are made and attached to the text block
– the spine is lined and the endbands and ribbon are added
– the cover boards and spine piece are measured and cut out from bookbinding greyboard
– the cover is made from the boards, spine piece, bookbinding buckram and the hand-marbled paper
– the book is cased in
– the book is left in the press and voilà, it is ready!
Thanks for looking at my noteboooks and don’t forget that I can make books to your own specifications and personalise the covers – just get in touch for a quote. (Please note that I can’t personalise books that have already been made – it is an integral part of making the book from scratch.)
Jenny’s Handmade Books
GMB D2 56