Flaxseed warming pillows
These flaxseed pillows are great for everything from sore necks to foot warmers and are a great alternative to a hot water bottle.
Why Flax instead of rice or other grain? It is superior to rice or other grains in many ways:
• Flaxseed provides a gentle, moist heat which provides healing.
• The weight of flaxseed is gentle and comforting.
• Flaxseeds are flower seeds, rather than grain. Thus they contain 30 -40% oil which remains inside the seed to be warmed again and again. Other products lose their ability to retain heat as the water cooks out of them over time.
• When heated, flaxseed pillows retain half their heat after an hour. Under covers (think about those toes…) the pillow will still be warm hours later.
• Flax never has that “cooked grain” smell other grain based products have when heated over and over again.
• Flaxseed pillows can be chilled in the freezer to sooth fevers or slight inflammation, though they don’t get cold enough to provide the numbness needed for sprains and back injuries.
Available In a range of designs