Damian J. Miles is dedicated to protecting your personal data and operates a comprehensive policy for privacy and security. We aim to store the minimal amount of information possible to allow you to make purchases and offer you recommendations.
1.1 Any reference to “we” “us” “our” is a reference to the entity Damian J. Miles. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller.
1.2 We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you: 2.1 Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (“Site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service (i.e. information provided during the check-out process when purchasing goods) or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
2.2 If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
2.3 We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
2.4 Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access (see section 4 on Cookies below).
3. IP ADDRESSES Not applicable via NuMonday.
4. COOKIES Not applicable via NuMonday.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5.1 Not applicable via NuMonday.
5.3 All direct payment gateways offered by Stripe and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
5.4 All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers and devices. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
5.5 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
5.6 Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION We may use information held about you in the following ways:
6.1 To provide you with information, or services that you requested from us.
6.2 To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts or arrangements entered into between you and us.
6.3 To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
6.4 To assist you with completion of a purchase.
6.5 To improve our Site and service.
6.6 To notify you about changes to our goods or our services.
6.7 To undertake fraud checks.
6.8 To advertise product reviews on our website and marketing materials (subject to obtaining your prior consent where necessary).
7. MARKETING Not applicable via NuMonday.
8. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
8.1 We may disclose your personal information to third parties including:
8.2 Postal service organisations to assist in the delivery of goods you have ordered.
8.3 Organisations that provide customer feedback services.
8.4 Organisations to assist in the completion of a purchase of goods from us.
8.5 In the event that we sell our business and/or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of our business or assets.
8.6 If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
9. RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION For tax reasons, we keep information such as invoices, receipts and records (which may include personal data) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. Your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us you no longer wish to receive this information.
10. WEBSITE LINKS Not applicable via NuMonday.
11. ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND UPDATING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
11.1 Data protection legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. If you would like a copy of some, or all of your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
11.2 We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or name, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to email@example.com or a letter to Damian J. Miles, P.O. Box 55, Okehampton, Devon, EX20 1WY, United Kingdom. You may ask us to correct information you think is inaccurate, ask for your information to be deleted or only be used for certain purposes.
13. YOUR RIGHTS If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below: Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below. Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request. Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons. Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.